Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pictures 2


The folk I was hanging with at the north shore party... afore mentioned.


A neat picture of the fire we made... my camera's CCD seems to pick up the coals remarkably different than they actually looked.


Cthulhu pondering the windward side of Kauai.


Me doing some work in front of the hostel's nice garden. The sound, on the otherhand is a bit loud.



Garden details. Rather nice for a hostel especially.


Picture of Opaekaa falls.


Cthulhu *will* conquer all! Taken at the Hindu Monastery's Sacred Forest... sacreligious, I know...


Though, this is where Cthulhu stays during travel... so it's not the best accomodations.


Mt. Waialeale finally shows it's peak on my way out.

So, most of the last of these photos was taken on Monday when I rented a mountain bike, went up the Wailua river park and basin (bout a 1000 ft. climb all told probably) and went to the Keahu Arboretum. Nice arboretum. Had my packed lunch of PB&J--fancy, I know. Checked out the Hindu monastery on my way back, but they were closed (only open 9am-Noon--should've done it on the way, ah well). Otherwise, very tiring, but a nice coast most of the way.

In the evening I did some aikido. Very nice, small group. Sixth dan and a third dan teaching. Quite amazing actually. Very happy about that. Got a ride a few times from one of the guys that goes past where I'm staying.

Anyway, I'm getting ready for Japan as well. Making some money dishwashing at the Blossoming Lotus; very, very nice vegan food to eat. I've written more posts but have yet to upload them... perhaps when more time permits.

Aloha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Maybe I have Cthulhu on the brain, but that cloud over Mt. Waialeale looks familiar...

Very pretty pix. You look relaxed and happy!
Be glad you aren't here. After it reached 40.5 C, it did cool off, but now we have the highest pollen count in the world. You would not be enjoying yourself.

Good to hear you're getting the Aikido in, too.

I plan to hit the Blossoming Lotus (PDX) soon - I want to go to PDX and see The Peaceful Warrior. Another interesting book made into a movie.

Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Nice hat. Keep up the good work enjoying yourself!

I am going camping on Lake Mil Lacs this weekend. I wonder if I will see Cthulhu there...probably not. I will probably just see clever raccoons.

Jason said...

Lurkitty:

Yeah... a bit of cthulhu on the brain, eh? I guess... ;-)

So I hear it's hot there in C-town. Crazy! It's been nice and temperate here the whole time... ha! Sorry... that does suck with the pollen though.

And I had no idea about the Peacefull Warrior movie; I assume it's Millman's work into a movie? Sounds awesome. I hope to catch some movies when I hit Japan... though I doubt many of them will be in english... yay subtitles! New Pirates soon too.

Missy:

It's all about seeing Cthulhu everywhere you go... it's a Sight thing... ;-) Have fun though; don't think I've been to Lake MilLacs ever. Only did the Boundary waters.