Monday, June 12, 2006

Pictures 1


Ahhh... Seattle and the PNW... How I will miss your rain.



Some beautiful ladies from Camp Tomato.



The also lovely Byodo-in Temple.



Detail of the bell tower. I forget what these little devil things are called. Anyone?



Find Cthulhu Now...



These flowers are famous here on the island I believe. I should probably figure out what they're called.



View of the North Shore's Waimea Bay Beach. Very nice...



Cute flowers on the hike.



A decent picture of the valley I was hiking in.

More pictures later... once I actually take them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, I found that Cthulhu! I am so glad he is traveling with you.

Is that flower a bird of paradise?

I am not so good with plant names.

I just found out I am going to Portland in Nov. It will be my first trip to the PNW. I am psyched!

Sgt. B. said...

missy, bring rain gear and layers
Jason, those are some awesome shots. Do you recommend any place to stay yet?

Jason said...

Hey folks... glad to see someone's reading this... er... stuff... ;-)

Bird of Paradise seems to be good; google does seem to think so.

So far, the hostels are pretty decent, if a bit pricey @ $25/night. But, with a bivvy or tent, the camping's supposed to be really cheap or free (at least, should be) and bandit camping on the beach is none to hard... so long as it doesn't rain on you like it did me.

Enjoy PDX Missy! It's a nice town. If you need some geek action, I might know some peeps. :-)

Later folks!

Jason said...

Yeah, I'll probably not go to Molokai. Probably just keep it to Kauai and Oahu this time actually--it would be nice to visit the others, but spending the money and time... eh... we'll see I guess.

:-)

Anonymous said...

You're missing my favorite island, then. Have to hit Big Island next time.

Let me know what you think of Kauai. I hear there are vegan restaurants all over.

Be well.

Anonymous said...

Jason,
This is Ed and we hope your travels are going well?? Keep in touch as I have not been able to get that Japan connection yet for you.
Be safe....