Monday, August 28, 2006

Japanese Fun Time

So, I suppose I could continue to apologise for not posting. I've been spending almost all my internet time, which is precious to me, on looking for a job here in Tokyo. Or necessary entertainment to stave off lonely depression. One of the two. That and many posts are still in draft phase and need some tweaking and adding to make them ready. I'm also still writing a lot from my time in Hiroshima to do it some justice. All excuses, all, but nonetheless, I hope to get to it fairly soon.

It does look like I have a job interview tomorrow for a possible ALT in Fukaya, Saitama, which is about an hour north of Tokyo and sounds like a decent position. We'll see tomorrow. If not that, some possible leads in a city called Toyohashi, which is somewhere between Shizuoka and Kyoto near the coast. Not quite as desireable as it looks like a conversation school with lots of kids. Hum. We'll see...

To keep you folks happy, though, I present to you this.



They had a hot-air balloon festival in Yoyogi park, and this is what they do at night. Amusing. It's like karaoke, but with balloons and fire... Enjoy.

More soon, really... I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's like karaoke, but with balloons and fire... Enjoy."

What a wonderful thing! WOW! I must see that for myself some day.
Good luck in the job hunt!

Anonymous said...

good luck on your interview ;)